Welcome to Rural/Metro Medical Services of Central New York
Rural/Metro Ambulance is a respected leader in emergency and non-emergency interfacility ambulance transportation throughout Syracuse and Central New York and the area’s only CAAS Accredited Ambulance service. For more than 60 years, Rural/Metro and its local predecessor companies have set new standards for exceptional medical staff, patient care, safety and community service in our growing Central New York service areas.
Our experienced team of paramedics and EMTS respond to more than 50,000 calls each year, serving communities in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison, Herkimer, Montgomery, and Schoharie Counties, and the Town of Sullivan in Madison County. Rural/Metro is the primary provider of ambulance services for various communities throughout our six-county service area. Working collaboratively in partnerships with volunteer agencies and healthcare organizations to provide a true integrated approach to the emergency medical needs of our region.
That commitment is at the core of our mission and values.
- Teamwork -- Our employees make it possible to provide superior services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Integrity -- Our reputation is our most valuable asset and demands that we uphold the highest ethical standards in all circumstances.
- Trust -- Trust is at the core of what we do. Through our work, we are trusted with the health and safety of the citizens we assist.
- Commitment -- We pledge to provide exemplary care and customer service to our patients and partners.
- Differentiation -- We are driven to a higher standard and compelled to be innovative in our approach to business success.
- Accountability -- We must act responsibly in all interactions in order to further the mission of the organization